Advanced Human Nutrition 4th Edition
by Denis M Medeiros (Author), Robert E.C. Wildman (Author)
- Hardcover: 500 pages
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 4 edition (January 22, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1284123065
- ISBN-13: 978-1284123067
- Amazon Price: $169.95.
- Points to Download: 50 Points ($5).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 36 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 50 points to see it.
Written for the upper-level undergrad or graduate level majors course, Advanced Human Nutrition, Fourth Edition provides an in-depth overview of the human body and details why nutrients are important from a biochemical, physiological, and molecular perspective. Through it’s writing style and clear figures and illustrations, the text clearly outlines metabolism and the molecular functions of nutrients. A variety of pedagogical elements within the text, such as “Here’s Where You Have Been” and “Here’s Where You Are Going,” help clarify key points from the chapter and provide real-world examples to bring the content to life.
New & Key to the Fourth Edition
– NEW – Each chapter now concludes with “Clinical Insight” which presents the clinical relevance of the nutritional science topics covered within the chapter
– NEW – Chapter 2 now discusses bariatric surgery procedures used to treat obesity, as well as diseases of the gastrointestinal track that have nutritional relevance in health and disease
– NEW – Includes the latest algorithms used by the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology in determining the risk of a cardiac event
– NEW – Incorporates controversy brought about by some scientists on protein requirements as it relates to the RDA
– NEW – Includes coverage of the role of the fat-soluable vitamins in Alzheimer’s disease