Anesthesia Considerations for the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Matthew Mizukawa (Author), Samuel J. McKenna (Author), Luis G. Vega (Author)
- Spiral-bound: 482 pages
- Publisher: Quintessence Pub Co; 1 edition (October 2, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0867157135
- ISBN-13: 978-0867157130
- Amazon Price: $168.
- Points to Download: 70 Points ($7).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 46.7 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 70 points to see it.
Although office-based anesthesia administration has been essential in the evolution of outpatient surgery, it is becoming more complex as people live longer and with more comorbid diseases. The purpose of this book is to strengthen the margin of safety of office-based anesthesia administration by helping practitioners determine whether the patients they treat are good candidates for office-based anesthesia. This book is organized into three sections. The first section provides a review of the principles of anesthesia, including the pharmacology of anesthetic agents, local anesthesia, patient monitoring, preoperative evaluation, the airway, and management of emergencies and complications. The major organ systems of the body are reviewed in section two, and the most common comorbid conditions that affect these systems are described in terms of their pathophysiology, diagnosis, management, and anesthesia-related considerations. Section three reviews patient groups that warrant special consideration in the administration of office-based anesthesia, such as geriatric, pediatric, pregnant, and obese patients. Spiral-bound and featuring tabs for quick and easy reference, this important book belongs on the shelf of every clinician who provides anesthesia in the office setting.
Section I: Principles of Anesthesia Administration
1. Basic Principles of Anesthesia
2. Pharmacology and Utility of Intravenous Anesthesia
3. Pharmacology and Utility of Inhalation Anesthesia
4. Local Anesthesia Basics
5. Prophylactic and Perioperative Antibiotics
6. Analgesia Considerations in Anesthesia
7. Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting
8. Monitoring the Patient
10. Pre-anesthetic Patient Evaluation
11. Management of Airway Urgencies and Emergencies
12. Medical Emergencies
13. Aftermath of an Adverse Outcome or Complication
Section II: Anesthesia and Comorbid Disease
14. The Central Nervous System
15. The Cardiovascular System
16. The Pulmonary System
17. The Digestive System
18. The Renal System
19. The Hepatic System
20. The Endocrine System
21. The Musculoskeletal System
22. The Immune System
Section III: Anesthesia in Special Patient Groups
23. Hematopathology and Coagulopathy
26. Special Needs Populations
27. Pediatric Considerations
29. Obesity and Obstructive Sleep Apnea
30. Considerations for the Substance Abuse Patient
A. Comprehensive Drug Index
B. Commonly Used Drugs and Doses