Comprehensive Review of Geriatric Psychiatry 2017 (CME Videos)
- Title: Comprehensive Review of Geriatric Psychiatry
- OakStone Price: $795.00.
- Points to Download: 900 Points ($90).
- Format (?): Video Files (MP4 Format) + PDFs Syllabus & Questions.
- File Size: 3.2 GB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 900 points to see it.
Comprehensive Review of Geriatric Psychiatry
Oakstone Board Review
A comprehensive review of geriatric psychiatry designed to improve the management and care of older adults with psychiatric disorders. Ideal for MOC.
Date of Original Release: June 30, 2017
A Comprehensive Review of Geriatric Psychiatry
This CME program is a wide-ranging review of the essential topics in geriatric psychiatry. It highlights the best practice guidelines for the management of various psychiatric disorders along with the latest developments in the field and helps you stay informed. Comprehensive Review of Geriatric Psychiatry includes case-based lectures on topics like mood disorders, schizophrenia spectrum, psychotic disorders, anxiety disorders, ethical and legal issues in geriatric psychiatry, sexual dysfunction and sleep-wake disorders, movement disorders, etc. It will help you to:
- Outline and practice evidence-based care for older adults with psychiatric disorders
- Attain the latest knowledge on psychopathology, diagnostic workups and treatments for specific psychiatric diseases
- Integrate current guidelines into daily practice to provide best care to the patients and avoid undesirable sequelae, such as excess disability, premature nursing home placement, vulnerability to elder abuse and geriatric self-neglect
- Effectively prepare for ABPN certification and recertification subspecialty examinations in geriatric psychiatry
Topics / Speakers:
- Substance Related and Addictive Disorders – Louis Trevisan, MD, MEd
- Mood Disorders – Ilse Wiechers, MD, MPP, MHS
- Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders – Ilse Wiechers, MD, MPP, MHS
- Anxiety Disorders – Kirsten Wilkins, MD
- General Medicine/Psychiatry Interface Consultation-Liaison – Kirsten Wilkins, MD
- Neurocognitive Disorders – Rajesh R. Tampi, MD, MS, DFAPA
- Movement Disorders – Phil Whang, MD
- Sexual Dysfunctions & Sleep Wake Disorders – Raman Marwaha, MD
- Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders – Raman Marwaha, MD
- Prescribing Antipsychotics and Mood Stabilizers – Phil Whang, MD
- Prescribing Antidepressants and Anxiolytics – Phil Whang, MD
- Aspects of Aging – Biological, Psychological, Social – Aarti Gupta, MD
- Diagnostic Methods – Mallika Lavakumar, MD
- Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia – Rajesh R. Tampi, MD, MS, DFAPA
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychiatry – Rajesh R. Tampi, MD, MS, DFAPA
- Basic and Clinical Neurosciences – Rajesh R. Tampi, MD, MS, DFAPA
Oakstone Publishing, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Oakstone Publishing, LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed the Comprehensive Review of Geriatric Psychiatry and has approved this program as part of a comprehensive self-assessment program, which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of Maintenance of Certification.
Date of Original Release: June 30, 2017
- Outline evidence-based care for older adults with psychiatric disorders
- Practice evidence-based care for older adults with psychiatric disorders
- Translate information learned from this program to achieve higher pass rates on the Certification and Recertification subspecialty examinations in Geriatric Psychiatry from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatrists taking the ABPN Certification and Recertification subspecialty exam in Geriatric Psychiatry, Psychiatrists in practice with older adults as patients, Psychiatry Residents, Geriatric Psychiatry Fellows, Geriatricians, Internists, Family Physicians, and Nurse Practitioners with older adults as patients.