by Cydney Afriat Menihan CNM MSN RDMS C-EFM (Author)
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: LWW; Third edition (August 4, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1496396154
- ISBN-13: 978-1496396150
- Amazon Price: $69.99.
- Points to Download: 50 Points ($5).
- Format (?): EPUB.
- File Size: 185.5 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 50 points to see it.
The newly updated Electronic Fetal Monitoring: Concepts and Applications, 3rd Edition, is an invaluable guide for clinicians (nurses, nurse-midwives, physicians) responsible for ordering, initiating, performing, and interpreting electronic fetal monitoring (EFM).
Written by OB/GYN nurses and advanced practitioners, this combination textbook/workbook offers clinicians involved in perinatal care a uniquely detailed, in-depth, and historical perspective on EFM. Topics include maternal-fetal physiology, EFM instrumentation, antepartum and intrapartum fetal assessment and pattern interpretation, and a variety of additional issues and challenges relevant to the current state of EFM practice. Applicable to both the novice and seasoned practitioner, this text is useful as a both a primer for this specialty field and also as a detailed resource to ready for the NCC Certificate of Added Qualification in EFM.
Upgrade and update your EFM skills with:
- Examples of EFM tracings that demonstrate the points presented in the text– including 22 case studies annotated with real-time bedside interpretation, followed by expert review with commentary to support these analyses.
- Validation of knowledge – New! End-of-chapter study questions and answers are a perfect supplement for certification exam preparation. For the educator, methods of competence validation are discussed and presented in detail.
- Up-to-date EFM guidelines – explained and demonstrated in real-life, situational context
- Concise, easy-to-follow support for optimal acquisition and assessment of EFM data, and proper response to findings.
- Expert advice on handling both clinical and instrumental challenges related to EFM.
- Detailed explanation of the workings of EFM equipment and technology.
- Proven algorithms for management of antepartum testing and of EFM data, outlining specific interventions and their rationales.
- Coverage of crucial knowledge, including maternal-fetal physiology of fetal heart rate patterns and management of unusual EFM tracings, common problems and more.
- Chapter features include helpful tips (“Stork Bytes”) to highlight important points.