Introduction to Metal-Ceramic Technology 3rd edition
Naylor (Author), W. Patrick (Author)
- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Quintessence Pub Co; Third edition edition (November 14, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0867157526
- ISBN-13: 978-0867157529
- Amazon Price: $98.00.
- Points to Download: 50 Points ($5).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 136.5 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 50 points to see it.
For 25 years, the Introduction to Metal-Ceramic Technology has been an essential textbook, and this revised edition underscores its import to the discipline. The author expertly outlines the history and theory behind metal-ceramic restorations and then guides readers through each step of the fabrication process. Although many students do not realize the esthetic possibilities of metal-ceramic technology, this book illustrates how to achieve esthetic results to rival those of all-ceramic materials through treatment planning, clinical procedures, and dental laboratory steps executed at their highest levels. New to this edition are an expanded illustrated glossary, a simplified four-step buttonless technique, fresh analysis of bonding mechanisms, and a full chapter on the esthetic porcelain-margin restoration. Written specifically for dental technology students, dental students, and residents in advanced technical courses.
1. History and Overview
2. The Chemistry of Dental Porcelain
3. Casting Alloys for Bonding to Dental Porcelain
4. The Essentials of Metal-Ceramic Substructure Design
5. The Fundamentals of Spruing, Investing, and Casting
6. How Does Dental Porcelain Bond to Metal?
7. Preparation of the Metal Substructures for Porcelain
8. Applying Porcelain to the Metal Substructure
9. Adjusting and Finishing the Metal-Ceramic Restoration
10. The Porcelain-Margin Restoration