by Bahman Guyuron (Author)
- Hardcover: 124 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (July 11, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626236925
- ISBN-13: 978-1626236929
- Amazon Price: $199.99.
- Points to Download: 100 Points ($10).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 23.3 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 100 points to see it.
The definitive guide on migraine surgery from the world’s leading authority
An estimated 11.7% of the U.S. population or nearly 38 million adults and children suffer from migraine headaches. A severe and highly debilitating type of headache, migraine is the third most common and eighth most disabling disease in the world. People who suffer from migraines often experience neurological symptoms such as nausea and visual disturbances. Despite optimal preventive and abortive pharmacologic treatment, as many as one-third of migraine patients experience refractory headaches and persistent symptoms.
Migraine Surgery by world-renowned plastic surgeon Bahman Guyuron reflects significant knowledge gleaned from 17 years of migraine research, pioneering development of nerve decompression surgery, and 2,500 migraine surgery procedures. With contributions from top neurologists and plastic surgeons, this state-of-the-art book is the only one on the market dedicated to the surgical treatment of migraines. The book begins with a brief history of migraines, followed by a concise overview covering clinical presentation, imaging, abortive, and preventive treatments such as over-the-counter and prescription medications, neurotoxin injections, peripheral nerve blocks, and neuromodulation.
- Discussion of migraine trigger points including impacted anatomy, detection methods, and trigger point deactivation surgery
- Surgical treatment of frontal, temporal, rhinogenic, occipital, auriculotemporal, lesser occipital, and nummular migraines including postoperative care and complications
- Superb illustrations provide visual insights on compressions points, trigger sites, nerves, and the surgical treatment of headaches
- Extensive high-quality videos posted in the Thieme Media Center delineate life-altering surgical approaches
This one-of-a-kind book is the ultimate guide to headache surgery and a must have for resident and veteran plastic surgeons alike. Neurologists and neurosurgeons will also benefit from reading this succinct yet masterful resource.