Mosby’s Drug Guide for Nursing Students 12th Edition
by Linda Skidmore-Roth RN MSN NP (Author)
- Paperback: 1216 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 12 edition (April 14, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323448070
- ISBN-13: 978-0323448079
- Amazon Price: $38.41.
- Points to Download: 50 Points ($5).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 225 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 50 points to see it.
Find reliable drug information that’s easy to use and understand! Mosby’s Drug Guide for Nursing Students, 12th Edition provides the latest information on more than 4,000 generic and trade name drugs ― including 20 new FDA-approved drugs. Each drug monograph includes clear dosing, administration, and nursing process guidelines, so you’ll always be sure that you’re practicing medication safety. In fact, what sets this handbook apart is its detailed coverage of rationales and explanations, drug-specific nursing diagnoses, and IV drugs. From trusted nursing pharmacology expert Linda Skidmore-Roth, this full-color guide also includes a companion website with how-to videos, NCLEX® exam-style questions, patient teaching guidelines, and more.
- More than 4,000 generic and trade-name drugs are profiled, covering almost every drug you will administer in practice or in clinicals.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, and a full-color design highlights important information.
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- Safety Alert icon highlights the most critical drug interactions and side effects.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- UNIQUE! Full-color inserts show how drugs work and provide fast access to basic intravenous administration techniques and skills.
- Overview of drug categories explains the safe administration of common classes of drugs, as well as their common side effects and interactions.
- Coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.
- Comprehensive drug monographs include generic names, Rx or OTC availability, pronunciations, U.S. and Canadian trade names, functional and chemical classification, controlled-substance schedule, do-not-confuse drugs, action, uses, unlabeled uses, dosages and routes, available forms, side effects, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug lab test), nursing considerations, and treatment of overdose.
- Cross-references indicate drug information that may be found in the appendixes.
- A companion website includes updates with recently approved drugs, videos and animations, drug dosage calculators, NCLEX® exam-style questions, Canadian drug information, patient teaching guidelines, and more.
- Flexible, water-resistant cover provides durability in the clinical setting.
- 20 NEW monographs provide up-to-date content on newly released drugs.
- UPDATED content covers the latest dosage information, researched adverse effects, Black Box Warnings, nursing considerations, and patient education.