by Barbara Herlihy PhD(Physiology) RN (Author)
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 6 edition (December 27, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323498442
- ISBN-13: 978-0323498449
- Amazon Price: $74.64.
- Points to Download: 50 Points ($5).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 17.7 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 50 points to see it.
Learn the A&P you’ll really use in practice! The Human Body in Health and Illness, 6th Edition uses hundreds of illustrations, colorful cartoons, and an easy-to-read approach to simplify Anatomy & Physiology concepts. Organized by body system, this resource shows how each organ is designed to work by including clear, step-by-step explanations, clinical examples, and online animations. It also demonstrates what happens to the body when a system does not function properly. Written by well-known author and educator Barbara Herlihy, this resource makes it easier and more fun to learn A&P concepts ― and gives you the basic background you need to begin a healthcare career.
- Full-color illustrations simplify difficult concepts and complex processes, accurately depicting anatomy, physiology, and disease.
- Colorful cartoons use humor to clarify and reinforce the content, making it more memorable, accessible, and easy to understand.
- Interesting analogies, examples, and anecdotes make learning easier and bring science to life.
- Key terms and objectives begin every chapter, setting learning expectations and goals, with terms defined in a comprehensive glossary.
- Useful learning and review features include Re-Think questions, Ramp It Up! and As You Age boxes, plus Did You Know boxes with clinical scenarios and historical vignettes.
- Focus on medical terminology includes Medical Terminology and Disorders tables with pronunciations, derivations, and word parts, along with references to commonly used medical terminology.
- Evolve companion website enhances your understanding with animations, learning activities, and review tools.
- A study guide offers fun and practical exercises to help you review, understand, and remember basic A&P. Sold separately.
- New animations bring difficult concepts to life.
- New illustrations show more step-by-step processes, and include new review questions to help you understand the concepts depicted.
- UPDATED content includes additional chapter review questions.
- NEW! More pronunciations and new med term activities are included.