Epiduroscopy: Atlas of Procedures
by Daniel H. Kim (Editor), Salahadin Abdi (Editor), Günter Schütze (Editor)
- Hardcover: 261 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (August 30, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626232660
- ISBN-13: 978-1626232662
- Amazon Price: $139.99.
- Points to Download: 70 Points ($7).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 25.9 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 70 points to see it.
This splendid atlas is essential to any specialist in the surgery of the [spine], which want to be initiated with this mini-invasive technique or simply to get information to be able to recommend it. — European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology
This is a good book by a capable team, on a new means to look inside the spine and make it function better. — BIZ INDIA
Due to advances in spinal endoscopy, practitioners are now able to offer efficacious alternatives to open surgery to patients with low back pain, radiculopathy, and related disorders affecting the epidural space. Epiduroscopy enables surgeons to access, diagnose, and treat discogenic pain and spinal pathologies using minimally invasive techniques via direct visualization and focused intervention. Typically performed as a one-day outpatient procedure under local anesthesia, epiduroscopy provides a viable option to many patients suffering from low back pain.
Starting with the history of this procedure, the authors guide the reader systematically through relevant clinical indications, radiological anatomy, the pathophysiology of spinal pain, diagnostic modalities, and the use of specialized tools. Subsequent chapters detail specific conditions and approaches, histopathologic/microbiological findings, and patient assessment and outcomes.
- Clinical pearls gleaned from years of hands-on experience, including preventing and managing complications.
- Online access to 46 step-by-step surgical videos and animations provides in-depth understanding of techniques.
- Nearly 600 high quality images, including procedural photos and medical illustrations delineate approaches.
- The use of epiduroscopy-assisted mechanical adhesiolysis, laser procedures, radiofrequency, analgesic and pharmacological therapy, ozone therapy, spinal cord stimulation, and more.
This is an essential resource for trainee and practicing physicians in the fields of neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, pain medicine, and interventional medicine.