Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health 4th Edition
by Ann Aschengrau (Author), George R. Seage (Author)
- Paperback: 750 pages
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 4 edition (September 7, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1284128350
- ISBN-13: 978-1284128352
- Amazon Price: $89.95.
- Points to Download: 70 Points ($7).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 12 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 70 points to see it.
Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health, Fourth Edition combines theory and practice in presenting traditional and new epidemiologic concepts. Broad in scope, the text opens with five chapters covering the basic epidemiologic concepts and data sources. A major emphasis is placed on study design, with separate chapters devoted to each of the three main analytic designs: experimental, cohort, and case-control studies.
Full chapters on bias, confounding, and random error, including the role of statistics in epidemiology, ensure that students are well-equipped with the necessary information to interpret the results of epidemiologic studies. Up-to-date examples from the epidemiologic literature on diseases of public health importance are provided throughout the book.
• New examples and the latest public health statistics throughout
• Coverage of the Ebola outbreak including an in-depth investigation of what happened
• New examples that illustrate epidemiological principles including a greater emphasis on social factors that influence health, such as racism
• Straightforward descriptions of the latest epidemiologic methods including mediation analysis, agent-based modelling, and the use of directed acyclic graphs (DAGs) to assess confounding.
• An expanded glossary and key terms highlighted throughout the text