Imaging of Neurodegenerative Disorders
by Sangam Kanekar (Editor)
- Hardcover: 424 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (December 8, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 160406854X
- ISBN-13: 978-1604068542
- Amazon Price: $189.99.
- Points to Download: 150 Points ($15).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 137.5 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 150 points to see it.
FIVE STARS from Doody’s Star Ratings™
The beauty of the book is that the authors come from many disciplines (neurology, radiology, pathology, biomedical, engineering, and psychiatry), which has allowed proper integration of information from those specialties in all chapters. — American Journal of Neuroradiology
The text explains [neurodegenerative disorders] all in depth, examining the clinical findings, imaging findings and even correlating these with the pathological findings in each condition. This is an excellent reference text for any resident or practicing physician to ensure that they have a thorough grasp of the imaging evaluation of these diseases. — YNC Newsletter (Young Neurosurgeons News)
Imaging of Neurodegenerative Disorders is a comprehensive, up-to-date reference covering the latest techniques used in neuroimaging as well as the basic structural imaging that facilitates diagnosis of various neurodegenerative disorders. All advanced imaging modalities, including MR spectroscopy, DTI, MRI, and PET scans, are discussed in detail, enabling readers to gain a solid understanding of how to use them to diagnose neurodegenerative diseases.
- Each chapter covers the clinical features, pathology, and imaging of a specific disease/disorder
- Sections on cerebellar degeneration and dysfunction, motor neuron disorders, post-traumatic cognitive disorders, dementia with extrapyramidal syndromes, and deep brain stimulation
- A final section discusses the distinctions between preventable, potentially reversible, and irreversible dementia
This book provides radiologists and all who care for patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases with an invaluable reference that will be part of their medical library for many years to come.