Larone’s Medically Important Fungi: A Guide to Identification 6th Edition
by Thomas J. Walsh (Author), Randall T. Hayden (Author), Davise H. Larone (Author)
- Hardcover: 550 pages
- Publisher: ASM Press; 6 edition (June 1, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1555819877
- ISBN-13: 978-1555819873
- Amazon Price: $125.00.
- Points to Download: 100 Points ($10).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 58 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 100 points to see it.
The definitive guide for identifying fungi from clinical specimens
Davise H. Larone is well known as the originator of the book that many readers have come to rely upon for assistance in the accurate identification of fungi from patient specimens, a key step in treating mycotic infections. Dr. Larone has now been joined by Thomas J. Walsh and Randall T. Hayden to update this gold standard reference while retaining the format that has made this guide so popular for more than 40 years.
Medically Important Fungi will expand your knowledge and support your work by:
- • Providing detailed descriptions of the major mycoses as viewed in patients’ specimens by direct microscopic examination of stained slides
- • Offering a logical step-by-step process for identification of cultured organisms, utilizing detailed descriptions, images, pointers on organisms’ similarities and distinctions, and selected references for further information
- • Covering nearly 150 of the fungi most commonly encountered in the clinical mycology laboratory
- • Presenting details on each organism’s pathogenicity, growth characteristics, relevant biochemical reactions, and microscopic morphology, illustrated with photomicrographs, Dr. Larone’s unique and elegant drawings, and color photos of colony morphology and various test results
- • Explaining the current changes in fungal taxonomy and nomenclature that are due to information acquired through molecular taxonomic studies of evolutionary fungal relationships
- • Providing basic information on molecular diagnostic methods, e.g., PCR amplification, nucleic acid sequencing, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, and other commercial platforms
- • Including an extensive section of easy-to-follow lab protocols, a comprehensive list of media and stain procedures, guidance on collection and preparation of patient specimens, and an illustrated glossary
With Larone’s Medically Important Fungi: A Guide to Identification, both novices and experienced professionals in clinical microbiology laboratories can continue to confidently identify commonly encountered fungi.