Phonetic Science for Clinical Practice
by Kathy J. Jakielski (Author), Christina E. Gildersleeve-Neumann (Author)
- Hardcover: 300 pages
- Publisher: Plural Publishing; 1 edition (October 19, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1597567312
- ISBN-13: 978-1597567312
- Amazon Price: $169.95.
- Points to Download: 70 Points ($7).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 31 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 70 points to see it.
Phonetic Science for Clinical Practice is designed to serve as an introductory, one-term textbook for undergraduate phonetics courses in communication sciences and disorders. The text begins by introducing the fundamental tool of transcription the International Phonetic Alphabet while also presenting the science underlying that set of symbols. The goal of this text is to teach students how to think about the data being transcribed in other words, how to think like a phonetician.
Every chapter begins with Learning Objectives and an Applied Science problem and question a research- or clinical-based question that can be answered by applying the phonetic science concepts covered in that chapter. By the end of the chapter, students will revisit the question and be asked to solve the problem posed. Students studying communication sciences and disorders and practicing speech-language pathologists or audiologists will be more successful in their clinical work if they understand the science that underlies the tool of transcription. In each chapter there are also several diverse clinical examples to review the application of concepts covered.
Phonetic Science for Clinical Practice covers exactly what students (and clinical speech-language pathologists and audiologists) need to know to be effective speech-language pathologists and audiologists in any setting where an understanding of speech sounds is needed.
- Focused on practical, clinical application, and the information needed for clinical practice
- A PluralPlus companion website that features PowerPoint lecture slides, Chapter Reviews, sound files for IPA symbols and particular words, as well as related resources, glossary flashcards, and mnemonic flashcards
- Did You Get It? comprehension checks on the material throughout each chapter
- Flashcards for phonetic transcription practice.