Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract 6th Edition
by Hamid M. Said (Editor)
- Hardcover: 1812 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 6 edition (April 11, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128099542
- ISBN-13: 978-0128099544
- Amazon Price: $500.00.
- Points to Download: 200 Points ($20).
- Format(?): Original Publisher PDF + EPUB.
- File Size: 108.7 MB PDF + 218.7 MB EPUB.
- Download Link Below.
Included: The 5th edition (2012) PDF (152 MB) is Included with this 6th edition (2018) as bonus (FREE):
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 200 points to see it.
Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Sixth Edition, a Two-Volume set, covers the study of the mechanical, physical and biochemical functions of the GI Tract by linking clinical disease and disorder, thus bridging the gap between clinical and laboratory medicine while also covering breakthroughs in gastroenterology, such as the brain-gut axis and microbiome. Additionally, information is provided at the organism level, including animal models of gastrointestinal disorders and therapeutic possibilities. The book covers a wide range of conditions, from food allergies, constipation, chronic liver disease and IBS, also exploring emerging techniques to diagnose and normalize functions of the GI tract.
As a highly referenced book, this is a useful resource for gastroenterologists, physiologists, internists, professional researchers and instructors teaching courses for clinical and research students.
- Discusses the multiple processes governing gastrointestinal function
- Presents new information on the brain-gut axis and microbiome
- Edited by preeminent scientists in the field
- Includes coverage of issues, such as food allergies, constipation, chronic liver disease, IBS, Crohn’s disease, and more
Researchers in gastroenterology, physiology, internal medicine, translational medicine and biomedicine as well as clinical gastroenterologists, physiologists, and internists
Section I: Basic Cell Physiology, Genetics, and Growth of the GI Tract
Section II: Nerogastroenterology
Section III: Host Defense Mechanisms
Section IV: Physiology of Secretion
Section V: Digestion and Absorption
Section VI: Consequences of Disregulated Physiology
The 5th edition (2012) is Included with this 6th edition as bonus (FREE):