Primer on Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2nd Edition
by Louis R. Caplan (Editor), José Biller (Editor), Megan C. Leary (Editor), Eng H. Lo PhD (Editor), Ajith J Thomas (Editor), Midori Yenari (Editor), John H. Zhang (Editor)
- Hardcover: 968 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 2 edition (March 21, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128030585
- ISBN-13: 978-0128030585
- Amazon Price: $150.00.
- Points to Download: 100 Points ($10).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 32.1 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 100 points to see it.
Primer on Cerebrovascular Diseases, Second Edition, is a handy reference source for scientists, students, and physicians needing reliable, up-to-date information on basic mechanisms, physiology, pathophysiology, and medical issues related to brain vasculature. The book consists of short, specific chapters written by international experts on cerebral vasculature, presenting the information in a comprehensive and easily accessible manner.
Numerous changes have occurred in the field since the publication of the first edition in 1997, particularly our understanding of the genetic aspects of cerebrovascular disease. This updated edition reflects the advances made over the last two decades, not only demonstrating the promise for therapy, but also for a molecular understanding of cerebrovascular diseases. The new edition includes new and expanded topics, including carotid stenting, Iatrogenic causes of stroke, axonal transport and injury, RNAIs, proteomics, and more.
- Provides concise chapters on topics in cerebral blood flow and metabolism, pathogenesis of cerebrovascular disorders, diagnostic testing, and management in a comprehensive and accessible format
- Written by international leading authorities on cerebral vasculature
- Provides up-to-date information on practical applications of basic research and the main clinical issues facing the community, such as axonal transport and proteomics