Principles of Medical Physiology, 2nd Edition
by Sabyasachi Sircar (Author)
- Paperback: 800 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 2 edition (June 13, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9382076530
- ISBN-13: 978-9382076537
- Amazon Price: $79.99.
- Points to Download: 50 Points ($5).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 52 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 50 points to see it.
This book provides a concise, concept-rich, and well-illustrated text of medical physiology. Written primarily for undergraduate medical students, the lucidity of the text should also appeal to a large section of health professionals.
Key features of the book
- The four cornerstones of this book are utility, lucidity, brevity, and contextual relevance.
- The content of each chapter maps well onto a single easy-paced lecture.
- The key words and phrases in the text are emphasized for quick revision.
- The text is complemented by numerous simple diagrams that can be quickly comprehended.
- The relevant fundamentals of physics and chemistry are recapitulated in the early chapters.
- The complex anatomy of the brain is elucidated through three-dimensional schematic diagrams.
- Revision questions listed at the end of each chapter relate mostly to the how’s and why’s of physiological mechanisms.
- Comic illustrations seek to lighten the mood as the reader reckons with the intricacies of the subject.