Skull Base Cancer Imaging: The Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
by Eugene Yu (Author), Reza Forghani (Author)
- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (December 21, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626232962
- ISBN-13: 978-1626232969
- Amazon Price: $149.99.
- Points to Download: 100 Points ($10).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF.
- File Size: 26.8 MB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 100 points to see it.
Skull base anatomy is extremely complex, with vital neurovascular structures passing through multiple channels and foramina. Brain tumors such as pituitary tumors, acoustic neuromas, and meningiomas are challenging to treat due to their close proximity to cranial nerves and blood vessels in the brain, neck, and spinal cord. Medical imaging is an essential tool for identifying lesions and critical adjacent structures. Detecting and precisely mapping out the extent of disease is imperative for appropriate and optimal treatment planning and ultimately patient outcome.
Eugene Yu and Reza Forghani have produced an exceptional, imaging-focused guide on various neoplastic diseases affecting the skull base, with contributions from a Who’s Who of prominent radiologists, head and neck surgeons, neurosurgeons, and radiation oncologists. The content is presented in a clear and concise fashion with chapters organized anatomically. From the Anterior Cranial Fossa, Nasal Cavity, and Paranasal Sinuses – to the Petroclival and Lateral Skull Base, an overview and detailed analysis is provided for each region.
- Fundamentals of skull base imaging, including recent developments in diagnostic modalities
- More than 400 radiographs, color anatomical drawings, and color intraoperative photos elucidate the imaging appearances of a wide spectrum of disease affecting the skull base, as well as important anatomic variants and pathways of disease spread
- Clinically oriented imaging approach focuses on diagnostic and prognostic features important in the evaluation of skull base abnormalities
- Atlas of skull base CT and MRI anatomy provides an easy to access, quick reference for identifying important anatomic landmarks
- Insights on the pathways of tumor growth and the role of clinical imaging in the management of skull base cancers
- Critical and contrasting viewpoints from multidisciplinary experts provide a well-rounded perspective
This invaluable resource chronicles current knowledge in state-of-the-art skull base tumor imaging with clinical pearls on pathophysiology, prognosis, and treatment options. It is a must-have for radiology, neurosurgery, and otolaryngology residents and clinicians who care for patients with head and neck neoplasms.