The APRN’s Complete Guide to Prescribing Drug Therapy 2018
by Mari J. Wirfs PhD MN APRN ANP-BC FNP-BC CNE (Author)
- Paperback: 752 pages
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 2018 edition (April 28, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 082616658X
- ISBN-13: 978-0826166586
- Amazon Price: $49.95.
- Points to Download: 50 Points ($5).
- Format (?): Original Publisher PDF + Publisher EPUB.
- File Size: 6.6 MB PDF + 7.1 MB EPUB.
- Download Link Below.
Get it Now:
Download link is protected. You must be logged in user and have 50 points to see it.
This is a concise, easy-to-read prescribing reference for advanced health care providers involved in the primary care management of patients with acute, episodic, and chronic health problems. Organized alphabetically by clinical diagnosis for quick access in all clinical settings, the guide encompasses CDC- and FDA-approved pharmacotherapy regimens for more than 500 clinical diagnoses along with clinically useful information in a convenient, quick-access format. Another outstanding feature is the inclusion of Comments throughout the guide highlighting such clinically important information as laboratory values to be monitored, precautions and contraindications, patient teaching points, pediatric usage and dosages, and safety information.
Each diagnosis includes appropriate drug choices listed alphabetically by generic name and trade name, FDA pregnancy category, drug availability in generic or over-the-counter forms, adult and pediatric dosing regimens, dosage forms, drug additives, and more. Thirty easy-to-use tables in the appendices include FDA pregnancy categories, U.S. Schedule of Controlled Substances, Childhood and Adult Immunization Schedules, Contraceptive Guidance, categories of Glucocorticosteroids, Anti-infectives by class, and more. An alphabetical cross-reference index of drugs by generic and trade name, with FDA pregnancy category and controlled drug schedule, facilitates quick identification of drugs by alternate names and relative safety during pregnancy.
- Facilitates speedy drug information retrieval for primary care providers in all settings
- Organizes over 500 diagnoses alphabetically by alternate names for ease of use
- Highlights clinically important information such as lab values to monitor, patient education points, and safety information
- Includes an appendix of 30 tables for quick access to key drug classifications, FDA pregnancy categories, Schedule of Controlled Substances, Childhood and Adult Immunization Schedules, and more
- Provides generic/trade name cross references
- Includes free e-book and electronic updates